Dodge brothers

First registration: 1930

Produced: 33 432 pcs.

Body type: 4-door sedan

Transmission: 3-speed manual

Traction: RWD (rear-wheel drive)

Engine type: spark-ignition 4-stroke

Fuel type: gasoline (petrol)

Power: 44kW/60HP

The Dodge Brothers machine shop was founded in 1900, they built engines for Olds and Ford. In 1914 they started building their own cars. Cars were exported to Australia from 1916. The ability of the Dodge to withstand punishment made the car popular in Australia and many were bodied locally by the likes of Holden. Chrysler acquired Dodge in 1928.

The 1930 Dodge featured mono piece body construction, and wider radiator. Early models had vertical hood louvers and new cowl lamps. The headlights were bowl type with buckets finished in black enamel with chrome rims. Standard equipment included hydraulic brakes, AC fuel pump, new type instrument panel and thru spoke steering wheel.